Thursday 20 December 2012

Tee Ann Yheen - Reflection on Poster Presentation

Reflection on Poster Presentation

by Tee Ann Yheen 18225

             First and foremost, I would like to thank our English 1 Group 23 tutor Mr. Roslidin for giving me and my partner, JoanneMarie a golden opportunity to conduct a poster presentation based on the story " Heart of Darkness". At first, we face difficulties in undertstanding the story as the language used is old english, so we could not get the literal meaning meaning of it. Due to that too, we could not comprehend the message that the writter wish to convey and we have spend a lot of time to understand the story. Fortunately, I get help from my partner, get the modern English version of HOD and I also watch the video based on this story, so finally I manage to study this story easily. 
            We have done many research on the story and came up with many ideas of how to do the poster creatively. Firstly, we thought of making a 3D face of Marlow by using a mask and we also try to move the ship but it was all in vein. After we give up the idea, we decided to re-do the poster and unfortunately, I have to participate a competition for one week long at Genting. I really appreciate Joanne for being so understanding and she really helps alot in completing the poster. We stay up all night to colour the maps and I've cut myself when I am trying to make the ship move, although it is tiring but at last it completed and we are quite satisfied with our product.During the process, it was filled with laughter, anger and sleepy-mode.
              We also conduct a fake presentation in the room so that we will not be nervous during the day. But obviously, we fail. We prepare ourselves and try to get extra marks by wearing a baju kurung which we will not normally wear it. The presentation was a success and we feel relieved of what we present that night. After the class, we feel so happy but suddenly Mr.Roslidin told us that marks will be deducted for not following the format, it was such a sad news for me and her. Now, I think of it I think I've gain some values during this pre-presentation and presentation, the relationship between me and Joanne have tightened and we learned to work hand in hand to complete the task, I've got some experience in presenting a poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment